Tuesday, January 26, 2016

One Box Challenge


Rachel over at Sweet and Simple Home issued a challenge to take a box and fill it with items from around your home that you don't use anymore. I am always up for a good challenge, especially when it has to do with decluttering! On the 31st of January, Rachel and other YouTubers will be posting videos of what items they are getting rid of.  I will post links at a later date. I can't wait to watch these videos and be encouraged by others and their decluttering journey. 

I first tackled my closet and was so inspired that I continued throughout the house. Over the course of the weekend I removed six trash bags of garbage from around the house. I consider myself to be relatively organized, but I was surprised with how much junk was lying around.

In addition to the garbage bags, I also found a large selection of items that I don't use, but I know might be useful to someone else. So here are a few items that I am donating to our local thrift shop. 
1. Post Bound Scrapbook Inserts  2. Two Coloring Books: I had three of the same! 3. Plastic Binder 4. Jump Rope 5. Ice Scraper  6. Shark Finger Puppet  7. 4x6 Scrapbook Paper Pack  8. Command Hook
9. Books
10. Flimsy arm sling 11. Bags that sheet set came in 

12.Cookie Cutters
13. Games
14. Plate 15. Pizza Stone  15. Apple Slicer  16. Steamer Tray  17. Scraper
18. Expired Coupons from 2014
19. Ribbon  20. Knitting Needles  21. Letter Memo Pads
22. Large Stamps

23. Mini Stamps


This was only a small selection of items that I'm donating. It is so freeing to part with items that you no longer use.  A lot of times people feel guilty getting rid of things. They think about how they might need it someday. There should be no guilt in discarding those things that you don't use anymore and that are just taking up space in your home. 

Are you in the process of cleaning, organizing and decluttering your home? 
Here are a few helpful links

5. Spark Joy by Marie Kondo-Book I am currently reading

No comments:

Post a Comment