Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pumpkin Perfection


This time last year we were deep in the process of moving. It's unbelievable that we have lived here for almost a year. There are a plethora of things I miss about our old home and many things I enjoy about our new home. I wouldn't complain if a Target was a bit closer. I plan to do a post soon about our new life in eastern Kentucky.

Autumn has arrived quite quickly here over the past week! Last weekend the weather was amazing. It was sunny, yet cold enough to be comfortable in a flannel shirt. Bringing 1993 back again! 


Every year when autumn arrives I always want to visit a pumpkin patch. Some years we go and other years we miss it. Last Saturday was the perfect opportunity to make our autumnal pilgrimage. 



  Two Sisters Pumpkin Patch is a quick drive from our home through some beautiful Kentucky country side. It's owned by a wonderful Christian family. I was impressed to see scripture proudly placed throughout the grounds. 


Another thing I noticed was how impeccably clean the animal area was kept.  It didn't have the usual barn smell, if you know what I mean. 



These bumpy pumpkins remind me of one of my favorite children's books for fall, The Bumpy Little Pumpkin by Margery Cuyler. 


They have quite the selection of non-traditional pumpkins. I adore these pumpkins that have a gray-silver look to them. I believe they are called, Blue Moon pumpkins.


Michael humored me and consented to a photograph. He was such a good sport during the entire afternoon. He had lots of homework, but he came along anyway!  He even carried the pumpkins, walked the corn maze and went on a tractor ride with me. What a sweetheart! 


This is what we brought home with us. Still undecided if I want to paint the large one or keep it natural. Leaning towards keeping it natural, but adding a bit of twine. 

What are some of your favorite autumn traditions? 





No comments:

Post a Comment