Friday, November 6, 2015

Her Favorites: November 2015

This morning I was paging through my 2015 scrapbook album. Seriously, where has this year gone? It seems as if I was just on summer break last week.  This fall has flown by. Christmas will be here before we know it. Why is it when I was a child, it felt like an eternity until Christmas break rolled around? Why did summers stretch on forever? November!?? How can you be here already?

Some of my favorite YouTube videos to watch are "Favorites" videos. I love seeing what other people are into.  Some bloggers and YouTubers focus on specific items such as beauty products or foods. I want to share a broader selection of my currents favorites. So here is a small round-up of what I am liking right now. 

Sweater Weather Candle by Bath and Body Works

I am a newbie in the world of Bath and Body Works candles. This is only the second one I have every purchased. This candle reminds me of Vermont on a cool crisp autumn day. They really captured the scent of a Vermont autumn day, in a jar. It has a fire undertone, almost like a campfire. Slight hints of cranberry,maple, and  evergreen trees round out the scent. It is delightful. I burn this candle when I feel homesick.

Philadelphia Spicy Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread

I have the suspicious feeling that this cream cheese was created for cooking.Oh well! Amazing on a nice whole wheat bagel. It has a kick to it. I love the burn of spicy food.  Finally a way to incorporate spiciness into my breakfast rotation.

Dear Philadelphia, please don't discontinue this flavor, EVER!



This has been on my favorites list for quite some time. Absolutely refreshing! Perfect for any time of day. I especially enjoy a glass of this over ice after work.  I think I will stop typing for a minute to have a glass...So good! They also make a diet version of this tea. It is good, but not quite as amazing as the regular. 

My only complaint is that Kroger has stopped selling it in the large jugs. It is a bit of a pain to have to go to another store to purchase it. 



My name is Emily and I am a goal setting junkie. This book goes beyond goal setting. Goal setting has a beginning and an end point. What happens after you reach your goal?  Forming habits is a way to bring about more permanent changes in your life. I personally connected with her point that forming habits is not a one-size fits all endeavor. This book provides a framework to customize habits to better your life. 

The personal antidotes dispersed throughout the book made it very enjoyable to read. I always love reading personal stories. It gives me a connection point to the author. 

I highly recommend this book if you are a goal setting and habit forming junkie, like myself. It would also be a great read if you enjoy learning about why people do what they do. The paperback version has just recently been released! 


J House Vlogs are my newest favorite family vloggers. They vlog about their daily life including the fun moments and struggles. This family is very refreshing and genuine. Their children are adorable. The  two youngest children are partners-in-crime and get into hilarious mischief. Any parent will instantly relate to their shenanigans.

In the Eat It or Wear It Challenge, the two oldest children are challenged to eat a variety of different foods. If they eat the food, they are allowed to pour some on their sibling's head. If they don't, the sibling gets to pour some on the other child's head. This video will leave you with a huge smile!  

The Squatty Potty Unicorn Commercial by Squatty Potty

The Squatty Potty is a real product. You may have seen it introduced on Shark Tank. This commercial  is total potty humor. It brings out the inner 3-year old. The topic of poop and colon health is introduced in a pleasant and comical way.

The style of commercial is very similar  to the other poop themed product, Poo Pourri. In fact, both commercials were created by the same production team. I am completely convinced that I need this product. If this company would have shied away from comedy, the product would have been overlooked by a majority of people. Now, thanks to this video being shared on social media, there is quite the buzz. The comedy brings out and makes colon health  much more interesting.

Last week while browsing in Goodwill, we spied this toy unicorn. Michael and I burst out in uncontrollable laughter. I will never look at unicorns in the same way and I don't think I could ever eat rainbow ice cream ever again.
What are you reading, eating, and watching in November?



No comments:

Post a Comment