Friday, November 6, 2015

His Favorites: November 2015



2015 is almost over and it may be one of the years I wish I could have zapped through faster.   School has been numbing, and work has just been busy.  However it is always important to find things that you like to do. My favorite things help to be both a monotony buster and a energy inducer.

Green Bay is the smallest city to host an NFL franchise, even more important it is owned by normal people, not just millionaires and billionaires.  Even more important is that it is near where I grew up and became a touchstone for my family a connection point that lets me be home with Dad especially now that he is gone.  The fact that they are winning is good too.



Salvage Dawgs is on Netflix and it has become a favorite as well.  It is great to see guys using historic furnishings and how they get them out of some of those places is pretty interesting too.

The Destroyermen Series by Taylor Anderson, has become my new voracious read.  Science fiction and alternate history join together to create a readable tale.  I think it is probably one of the few series I have gotten into this year that has really let me imagine living in a different world.

This month is getting away from me very fast.  Work is not slowing down especially with holiday parades and work on the Library.  Hiring a custodian will free up time for me to do some of the things I have wanted to do but haven't had the time to do.  School is also nearing the climax, and all the fun has dwindled away into grind of the end of the semester.  It is probably worse that after all this time going to work in libraries I have the enjoyment of working on Library school at night too.

So if school is a grind for me what kinds of things are a grind for you?






No comments:

Post a Comment